Why is junk food bad? Eating junk food on a regular basis can lead to an increased risk of obesity and chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and some cancers. We know Australian’s eat too much junk food.It’s important to avoid — or at least limit — foods that contain added sugar, refined grains, and artificial trans fats. These are some of the unhealthiest but most common ingredients in the modern diet. Thus, the importance of reading labels cannot be overstated.
This even applies to so-called health foods.A review of studies on fast food and heart health found having fast food more than once a week was linked to a higher risk of obesity, while eating fast food more than twice a week was associated with a higher risk of metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes and death from coronary heart disease.
How To Stop Binge Eating Junk Food When You’re Bored At Night
- Be sweet to yourself. Binge eating is related to emotions many times. We have thousands and thousands of thoughts every day, most of which are negative. Pay attention to your thoughts and you’ll quickly see what I’m talking about. Try to keep your thoughts positive and think good things about yourself. The binge eating cycle just makes this worse because when we binge eat, we feel guilty and think terrible things about ourselves which just makes us want to binge all over again. Work on positive self-talk. I know this might sound weird or hokey, but it works. We’re surrounded by so much negativity every day. The most important thing I can say on this is to treat yourself like someone you love. Give yourself some positive vibes and it will change your mood. Try some positive affirmations to give yourself a boost.
- Pay attention to what triggers your binge eating. Sometimes binge eating is triggered by boredom or a certain person’s influence. Do you binge after a stressful day at work? When you hang out with a certain friend or family member, do you tend to binge? Does watching TV trigger a junk food binge? I bet if you give it a little attention, you’ll find a pattern to what is triggering your binge sessions. Once you know what it is, you can work to change your habits. For me, my main trigger was watching TV. For some reason when I would sit in front of the TV, I needed to be munching on something (usually something sweet). This program really helped me figure out my triggers and change my mindset so I could start losing weight. It was much easier than I expected.
- Keep junk food out of your house. It’s a lot harder to binge on junk food if you don’t have the food readily available. I know some people say “But I have to have that stuff for my kids and husband to eat.” They really don’t need to eat that stuff either. Processed food is not necessary for anyone’s survival. Keep healthy options for them and yourself to snack on. It will help you avoid temptation and they’ll be healthier for it too. I used this SUGAR VACUUM PROGRAM to help me get rid of my junk food cravings.
- Don’t give yourself crazy diet restrictions. If you feel like you can’t have anything good to eat, chances are you’re going to go crazy and eat all the things. Focus on eating whole foods like vegetables, fruits, protein and healthy fats. Find delicious recipes so you’ll feel like you’re indulging when you really aren’t. Once I started following a plant based whole food diet, my cravings and urge to binge eat went away because I’m able to eat things that I truly love.
- Heal your gut. My experience with binge eating was that I would crave things and just couldn’t stop thinking about it until I just gave in and ate it. Once I started eating, I couldn’t stop. I healed my leaky gut by using this. This was a key factor in how I overcame my binge eating and food cravings. Your gut is connected to almost every part of your body and it is directly connected to your brain. Having leaky gut can wreak havoc in your whole body! If you’ve been eating a lot of processed foods for a while or most of your life, its’ pretty likely you’re gut needs some love.
Click on the link to enter the next page –